- Review of Entertainment Licensing Legislation » read more
- Liquor Licensing Reform Proposals in Plain English » read more
- LICENSING LAW REFORM WELCOME BUT COULD GO FURTHER » read more
- McCausland to Change Alcohol Sales Law » read more
- PUBS OF ULSTER WELCOME PROGRESS ON REFORM OF NI LIQUOR LICENSING LEGISLATION » read more
Last Call to Develop Your Team's Management and Leadership Skills For Free
Pubs of Ulster have teamed up with the Department for Employment and Learning to offer members the opportunity to develop the management and leadership skills in their business.Delivered by Julie Allen Consulting and Time Associates, two programmes are currently being run. These programmes are fully funded; there is NO COST to Pubs of Ulster members.
1. MAP Programme. An analysis of your business is carried out and a report (worth £1,000) is produced, detailing management / leadership strengths and weaknesses, and areas for development. A training and development plan is produced, along with the offer of funding up to £6,000 to address areas that need attention.
2. Accelerate Programme: First Line Management. In addition to, or instead of the MAP Programme, a member of your staff can participate on the Accelerate Programme to develop their personal management and leadership skills.
Note: The Accelerate Programme is now fully subscribed. We are looking to secure further funding to run this again. Please contact Mark McCann on 028 9032 7578 if you would like your interest registered.
In a busy day-to-day schedule, management development often suffers – and that’s exactly where the MAP programme helps businesses by providing an independent, structured, flexible approach to identifying and addressing company needs.
An analysis of the business is carried out on-site by a professional business adviser, who provides a report (worth £1,000) detailing:
• Management/leadership strengths and weaknesses;
• Areas for development; and
• Management/leadership skills gaps.
Most importantly, participating companies will receive a training and development plan highlighting practical, achievable solutions to any areas that need attention, as well as the offer of funding support to address these needs (up to a maximum of £6,000).
Who can apply for MAP?
Small to Medium sized Enterprises (10 to 250 staff) and Social Economy Enterprises are eligible. Exceptions are:
1. Invest NI Client Companies; and
2. Companies who have attained Investors in People accreditation.
Accelerate Programme: First Line Management
This programme is targeted at individuals who are working within a supervisory role, managing people or heading up a team, and display the desire to improve their management skills.
Accelerate is delivered via a two day residential and three one day workshops.
Topics addressed include:
• Leadership & team development
• Creative problem solving
• Effective decision making
• Communicating for results
• Leading change
• Handling conflict
100% funding was made available from the Department for Employment and Learning for eligible participants within Small to Medium-sized Enterprises and Social Economy Enterprises with between 10 and 250 staff for the programme which is currently running. This criteria is subject to change for further programmes which are run in the future.
Click here to download the relevant application form(s) and guidance. Please contact Pubs of Ulster for more information if required on:
T: 028 9032 7578
Pubs of Ulster Member Endorsements
“MAP was most helpful as it was tailored to our company's needs and made me have a fresh look at my business. In doing so I had to consider where we as a company were in the market place and what we needed to be doing in the future to meet our customers’ expectations.”
Pamela Gillespie, The Primrose, Ballynahinch
“It is essential that staff are invested in to maximise their potential. The Accelerate Programme facilitates this growth by giving structure, support and continuous assessment to the individual. TIME do this professionally and efficiently.”
Paul Mallon, Laverys, Belfast